Friday, December 5, 2008

Homeschooling Week One Completed

I'm feeling pretty good this week, we've been working hard and getting good results with homeschooling. I think we are getting more output from Henry at home then he was able to do at school. At home there is less distraction and we are able to give him breaks every 15 mins or whenever he needs them.

We've been doing Saxon Math, Handwriting With Out Tears (I love this program), and a phonics program called Sing,Spell; Read & Write Another prephonics program we are working on is Earobics which is academic software to help sturggling readers. Henry loves the games and they are helping him to learn the sounds both single and mixed.

I was talking to a girlfriend today she was saying that a lot of her friends homeschooled but this is in the town she used to live in. She recommended the book, "Hold On To Your Kids" I've seen the writer of this book, Gordon Neufeld at a public conference on attachment parenting if I remember right. That was along time ago but I remember enjoying his talk and getting good information from it.

We also started working on Dad's Christmas present this week, it's a box that he's painting and then he's going to be using Mod Podge to glue on some feathers. It should also strengthen the box somewhat. Evamae will help me choose the book that will go in it from her. We are going to be looking for a book on edible wild food of BC. I've seen some in a book store in town so we be going for a drive early next week.

There is so much to do I need to finish the scarf I'm knitting for my Dad and get his package sent off. I'm so close to being done I can taste it. I should be knitting right now! I hope everyone Christmas plans are going well.


Blessings

No comments: